Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Refined Career Plan

I would personally like to work for two years before I attend graduate school. The reason for this is because I want to be sure on what I want to study. I have already taken the GMAT because this score lasts for five years, but I didn’t do as well as I would like to. Therefore, I think it would be in my best interest to take the GMAT again in the summer of 2011. I will take a KAPLAN course, or something similar to it, in the spring of 2011 to prepare for it. Once I get my GMAT score, it will be time for me to start my application.

The fall is a good time to submit applications for the next school year. Therefore, I will submit my applications to the schools of my choice in the fall of 2011, with hopes of starting my program in 2012. It will also be important for me to tour a few of the campuses to make my decision clearer on where I would like to attend. Once I make a decision on my graduate school of choice, my goal is to attend in the fall of 2012 for two years and receive an MBA by the spring of 2014.

This is a very realistic plan for me to achieve. My new career as a financial planner will allow me to attend graduate school and work at the same time because of the flexible schedule that financial planners are able to have. My new goals for my financial planning career are to hit the Century Club every year for the first two years in the business. The Century Club means I will sell at least 100 cases each year under contract. I think this is an achievable goal, but it will take a lot of desire and patience.

The ways I will accomplish all of these goals are described in my Goal Sheet post.

No comments:

Post a Comment