Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Final Reflection Paper

I was hesitant to take this class at the beginning of the semester because I found a full-time job back in May. Because of this, I did not think this class would be necessary for me. However, I soon discovered that all of the different exercises we did in this class were still very beneficial to me. I now realize the importance of keeping my mind open to other options as well because most people have multiple careers in their lifetime.

One of the most helpful things I learned was in the middle of the semester when we learned about our personality types and what kinds of jobs fit our personalities. This was helpful because it reinforced in me that I have chosen a career that really does fit my personality. I also was able to look into other professions that would be enjoyable to somebody with my personality. For example, the tests showed that I would enjoy the medical field because I would be helping people. It also said I would enjoy working for non-profit organizations. I would have to agree with both of those suggestions, and I will keep those professions in mind in the future.

Currently I am in the beginning stages of my career. I have chosen to try out financial advising. So far I am really enjoying it, and I feel like the things I am teaching people are helpful to them in their lives. I plan to continue pursuing this career and gaining experience. I would like to start grad school in the fall of 2012 and receive an MBA. Even though an MBA is not necessary for my profession, I think it will only help my credentials when people meet with me for the first time. It will help them trust me a little bit more. Financial advising has many progressive steps and licenses that one must take and receive to really build credibility. My plans are to receive my CFP (Certified Financial Planner) recognition in three years’ time from now. I know if I continue to develop good work habits and continue to educate myself in my field, I will be very valuable to families and businesses in their finances.

I am really excited for the future. This class helped me realize that I have picked a career that fits me. I do understand, however, that my plans could change dramatically in the future. This class helped me realize to always look for what interests me and what opportunities may lie ahead. I am a very loyal person so it is good for me to realize that I need to always keep my options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment